Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Greatest Invention and hanging platters

Hello....

In my opinion, I think the internet might just be the greatest invention God has ever allowed man to invent! You literally have the world at your finger tips. Anything you can think of you can find, just google it. For instance, today I was facing the delima of hanging some platters for which I had no hangers (NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!). What to do? I could call the hubs and ask him to stop off at Hobby Lobby and pick up some...you must realize that I live in the country...no Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby close by. It would be an all day trip into Dallas just for hangers, so the hubs gets to make a lot of those kind of trips for me. Which he does not mind at all (I'm sure?).... but he would just be getting off work and I would have to wait and I want to hang my platters now! Ah ha!...the Internet, of course, just ask!.... "How to hang platters on the wall" ..some of you ladies out there are so smart! They really should give awards for Homemaking Smartness! I came across this suggestion on several sites and I decided to give it a try...and I must say it works like a charm!


         This is all the supplies you will need

                                      

      I added the felt because it seemed more secure to me and it wouldn't scratch the wall

  Love the look! and it was sooo easy! Thanks to The Frugal Homemaker, I actually followed her advice and added the felt.

                                   
                             
***Please note disclaimer: I am not recommending that you hang anything of great value or something that is heavy on your wall in this manner. This is what I did, and I am pleased with the results, this is merely a suggestion and if you think it will work for you go right ahead, but you do so at your own risk




1 comment:

  1. Love your platters! Glad my post/idea could be of help to you! :)

    Christina@ TheFrugalHomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete